Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for providing continuous user support to SystemArchitecture.NET and its clients. Responsible for system network and design expertise. Responsible for conducting high level systems analysis, planning and coordinating installations and deployments. Responsible for ensuring backup and recovery systems are operational. Responsible for identifying problem areas including but not limited to network and infrastructure and servers. Responsible for identifying ways to enhance and improve existing systems. Responsible for determining cost benefits and recommended solutions. Responsible for prioritizing work and tasks for assigned client(s). Assists with proposals and time estimates for the sales, engineering and pre-engineering teams. Provides onsite troubleshooting repair and upgrades for clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Provides analysis of clients’ system status.
- Reviews utilization of clients’ Information Technology (IT) infrastructure.
- Conducts configuration review and inspection.
- Analyzes system status.
- Establishes and reviews system/user requirements.
- Conducts network audits.
- Documents client’s IT assets.
- Works with sales staff to identify client solutions.
- Designs TCP/IP Networks.
- Designs networks, servers, storage solutions, firewalls, perimeter security and remote access solutions.
- Develops plans for installation and deployment.
- Executes the setup/plan.
- Reviews effectiveness of installations and deployments
- Receives e-mail or telephone requests from clients to resolve IT issues.
- Collect information related to client’s problem or concern.
- Tests potential solutions.
- Communicates and documents resolution.
- Proactively checks/updates client’s network infrastructure.
- Attends client meetings in support of business development.
- Provides recommendations for hardware, software and other resources.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Promotes positive internal and external working relationships.
- Demonstrates ability to organize tasks and set priorities.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing personal and professional growth and development.